Thanx for stoppin by!!

Hope you like what you see & come back for more updates :)

About Me

My photo
I'm just a young-at-heart, 30ish chick who lives for my family, friends, and the weekends!!! Writing is my passion....and music speaks to my soul.....

2.16.2010

Random thoughts for 2010

I'm not one of those people who has to reflect on the past year because we're in the first days of a new year.

I also didn't make a resolution on January 1st I knew I wouldn't be able to stick to.

In all honesty, I've already been changing some small things in my own ways over the last couple of months.

I've already begun to realize that in order for me to be happy, I have to change certain things about the way I view things and the way I treat/react to others.

My anger has always been an issue for me, but I've realized as of late that it is essential for me to take time to stop, breathe, and think, before I react to any situation. It is the only way to ensure that I likely won't do or say something that I might regret in the heat of the moment.
I admit, in no way have I done a complete 180 in this aspect, either. There have already been many times in which I thought I was handling a situation better than I have in the past, which still turned out to have escalated because of my anger. This is a daily struggle with me, and I thank God daily for those whose who are by my side and coping along with me.

I've also been trying not to judge others. This is not as easy as it seems. There are many times when considering the choices, lifestyles, situations, etc. of others, that it is easier to say what the person in the situation SHOULD be doing. It comes naturally to most of us. However, we rarely see ourselves make the decisions we so easily bestow upon others when we are faced with similar challenges.

I've also been trying to read & write more (again). I've always felt a connection to words....whether through music, books, or my own musings. TV these days is focused so much on "reality"; and the "dumbing down" of America....I'm surely a victim.

My posts here are trying to serve as not only somewhat of an "online diary" but as a vehicle for me continue to grow mentally. If nothing else, I hope to document my life as it plays out, for as long as I continue to keep this up. It shall serve as an ongoing reflection of my life, and I hope it shows me my true self (as I've noticed it already does).

I hope that those of you reading this blog enjoy my randomness LOL and help to inspire me to continue on my journey......

~xo

No comments:

Post a Comment